Wednesday 30 July 2014

#WhatTheBlack Mystery Day 1 : A Black Egg!

Before leaving for office today, I told my mom I am expecting some courier for myself. The moment mom received it, she called me to say, it's not a courier, the guy who has delivered it is saying 'It's a gift!'. I told mom "Please do not open it! I want to see the surprise springing out myself!". She promised she wouldn't and I was all excited to reach home and open it.

The moment I reached home, I asked mom where is the gift. "On your drawing table" she said. I rushed inside and saw a black box with a bow on it. Untied the bow and saw an oval shaped thing. I was amazed as I couldn't really figure out what it was! My mom joined me in my excitement. First response "Bomb ho sakta..Aaj kal logon ka kuch bharosa nai". I couldn't stop my laughter. By then my sister, probably smartest of all, joined in our mission. Within a minute she said "Kahin ye anda tho nahi!" I couldn't control my laughter for second time assuming "Ye Blogadda wale mujhe anda kyu bhejenge!"



But she was firm that it was an egg. She then opened a little sticker on it which had 'Use before 7 days' written on it. She smelt it and her response was 'Andar Chocolate hai'. By then, my mom was going crazy. She is pure vegetarian and probably could not digest the fact the there could be chocolate inside the egg!

My sister asked me if she can break it open. I was the most confused of all as what was going on. I nodded in affirmative. First she gently tapped it on the floor. It refused to break. Next was a little harsh one. Still it didn't open. Don't know from where soul of Albert Einstein entered into her and she said "See this black colour is sticking on my fingers. I guess it can be removed." She rushed towards the tap and held the egg down the flowing water. And there it was! The black egg has now turned purple! But my sister was more focused on the chocolate inside!

Then comes a rude slap for that egg and the outer covering is gone. Inside there is dark chocolate. My sister tastes it a bit and says it is really a chocolate. My mom again at her villainous best "Nai..Khaana nai..Pata nai kya hoga andar". But before she can finish, the chocolate has been partitioned and is now resting in peace in our tummies!



Coming back to the point, still guessing #WhatTheBlack is all about! A chocolate brand ? A Social message to create awareness about adulteration in food? A car launch ? Too many things on my mind but still can't pin point at any one thing! Waiting for further clues! Super excited!

In a nutshell, Day One was all about 'Ande ka Funda!'

This post is a part of 'WhatTheBlack' activity on Blogadda

No comments:

Post a Comment